Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:49 pm

---------------

---------------

To Whom it May Concern,

I have recently come across your website and I have to say it's amazing! I lost the vision in my right eye 3 years ago, and I would say I'm pretty much adjusted to it. But I have some questions:

1) Do you know if the driving laws in Canada are the same as the U.S.?

2) Do you know of any support groups in Canada (Toronto area)?

3) What are some good websites to keep up on eye research?

The last question is important to me because I was in an accident which resulted in getting metal in my eye. They managed to save my eye and reattach the retina but I cannot see because I have scare tissue in my eye. I have in effect a blind spot in the middle of my eye. My lens was torn apart so they never put a lens in there, but they said they could if I could develop usable vision. The good thing is that I have peripheral vision still.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. I heard that David Ducuvney (of the X-files) was in a basketball accident in college witch resulted in the loss of vision in his right eye, another success story.

---------------

---------------

I can't remember where I read this tip about adjusting auto mirrors, but I followed the tip and it works very well.

Most people adjust their outside rear view mirrors so that they can see the area that is most directly behind them. When this is done, there is some duplication of the rear view that's shown by the interior rear view mirror. It's possible to eliminate some of this redundancy and also, most importantly, to eliminate the blind spots.

This can be done by merely adjusting the outside rear view mirrors more outwardly. Check the inside and outside mirrors during the adjustment to see the improvement in visibility.

---------------

---------------

Check out "Lost Eye : Coping with Monocular Vision after Enucleation or Eye Loss from Cancer, Accident, or Disease" at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0595392644 and my e-mail is jay_adkisson [at] msn.com

Top Top
  Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]