Login | Register

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:18 am

Hi,
I am about to have surgery and have the bio eye ( coral) implant put in six weeks later i will get a peg I have heard I should as to get the peg sleeved. I do not know what this means or why I should ask to get it done can anyone explain.
:hilfe:

Top Top

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:51 am

Hi Kindrick,

I haven't posted for a long time but I had to reply to your question.

I lost my right eye to CM in 1992 and got the coral implant. About six weeks later, after the implant had vascularized, the implant was drilled and a peg inserted. All was fine for a few months, but then the peg started to extrude, meaning it was being forced out. The solution was to have it redrilled, insert the sleeve and put the pin back. I was one of the first to get the sleeve, and I've never had a problem with it since. The surgery was done by my plastic surgeon, who works only on eyes.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or want more information.

Lots of luck to you.
Nancy

Top Top

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:30 pm

I only have the implant, because I was informed that the pegs can cause problems. Have you had problems with it, and how much more movement do you get out of it?

Top Top

Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:45 pm

I have never had a problem with the peg, once I got the sleeve. And the movement is so good that my docs at Wills Eye actually videotaped me to be able to show others how well it moves.

I credit my great outcome to a wonderful ocular plastic surgeon and a fabulous ocularist.

Nancy

Top Top