Login | Register

Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:02 am

Hello everyone,

I am new here and love this website. I lost my left eye at the birth due to car accident my mom was in when she was pregnant.

I am wondering if someone knows if there is an ocularist in Canada that works with Bio-eye? The only place I could find in Canada is eye institute of Ottawa but it's hard to get a hold of someone. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Top Top

Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:08 am

Hello New Guy and welcome to Lost Eye. I can't help you, but I know that there are quite a few people from Canada on this site. I'm sure one of them can help! :)

Renee

Top Top

Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:37 am

Thank you Renee.

I hope they can help me. I love this site and people here.

Simply great.

Top Top

Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:39 pm

I don't know if they offer the bio-eye implant, but check with Webb Prosthetics in Toronto. I've heard very good things, and have been impressed myself with my limited dealings with them.

Top Top

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:13 pm

Thank you all.

soft_whisperss I am doing some research for now. I have an old artifical eye and is much smaller than my good eye. I am looking into different possibilities to see what's out there. I've heard some good things about bio-eye implant, but I may be mistaken. The biggest thing for me would be to get a movable artifical eye.

Thanks again.

Top Top

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:57 am

Evil Genius

My surgeon didn't recoomend the peg for a different reason. She said with the shape of my eyelids, the peg would move the prosthetic too far and you'd start to see the edges of it when I looked extremely hard to either side....which would be wierd to say the least :)

Top Top

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:26 am

newguy, you don't need an ocularist you need a surgeon..

Top Top

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:11 pm

Thank you Marmalade and everyone else. I'll look for more info online as I would like to get this done and over with.

:?

Top Top

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:22 pm

Most eye surgeons use the coral implants nowadays so you shouldn't have a problem.

Top Top

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:49 pm

digerati wrote:
I don't know if they offer the bio-eye implant, but check with Webb Prosthetics in Toronto. I've heard very good things, and have been impressed myself with my limited dealings with them.

That's my occularist :) Michael Webb is truley awesome.

Top Top