Login | Register

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:13 pm

So it's OFFICIAL - my surgery is scheduled for June 14 and while it's a good too weeks later than originally promised (Gr!) - I'm going ahead with the coral eye.

I need to know if anyone here has gone through an implant change, has a coral eye implant and what to expect post-op in matters of healing, pegs, possible movement - the pros, the cons, I'm all ears, guys.

Or rather, all eye, lol.

Top Top

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:14 am

Hi, i got a coral implant about 7 years ago, and it's good.
Post op - you will be eye-less for about 4- 6 weeks. i.e. staying indoors most of the time, or wearing dark sunnies HEAPS.
I Didn;t have any pain, and woke up feeling fine. It still feels like you have an eye (i was most scared of what it would feel like when i wake from surgery).

My movement is really good (and without peg). I wouldn;t get the peg, as have heard many bad things about them.

I wish you luck, and feel free to ask any specific questions....

Teka

Top Top

Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:25 pm

Yo hi I got a coral as well about 11 years ago when i was 9(was my first implant and still is).

I've no issues wearing it besides that its now a bit too small i guess , but hey i cant complain so go ahead ...

Sorry cant tell you more bout pain or something coz i dont remember anymore waking up with just the implant.

K hope that helps

Gary

Top Top

Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:01 pm

I can't help regarding the Coral implant, but good luck with the op.

Top Top

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:56 pm

I have a coral implant (my third implant) and so far its stayed covered (my first two implants - non coral -- became exposed). I have other issues since I've had over 20 operations but as far as the implant, its been good so far. I would highly recommend NOT to get a peg. I've heard nothing but bad things about them.

Top Top

Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:49 am

Evil Genius

Good luck with the op, You will be great, as for the peg, I'd steer clear of them too, the surgeon I consulted with when I was considering enucleation told me lots of bad things about them :(

Top Top

Wed May 23, 2007 8:19 pm

I'm scheduling the same surgery next Tuesday (May 29th). It sounds like we will be going through this about the same time.

I would like for us to keep in touch and monitor each other for comparisons. It might be easier to go through this with someone else at the same time.

I wish you luck and hope all goes well.

Top Top