Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:10 pm

What is everyone's take on implants. Is one type better than another type? Is an implant necessary? If eye movement is limited anyway, why have an implant. Someone please tell me if an implant is worth the complications that I've been reading on the internet. The more I read, the more confused I get. I figured the best place to get my information would be here.

Thanks.

Top Top

Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:10 pm

Doesn't it really have to do with the person specifically?

Like risk of infection and so on?

Top Top

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:36 am

The implant does two things. It enables movement of the prosthesis which is not always an issue although even minor movement looks more natural than none. Secondly the implant fills the hole so to speak. Without it you have a much larger prosthesis with all the problems that that entails.. a larger, heavier prosthesis causes lower eyelid drag and an increasingly uneven look. How much these different effects would bother you, is, in the end, down to personal preference.

Top Top

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]