Login | Register

Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:09 am

Hi,
I am a 40 year old diabetic going in on May 3rd for and eye implant and I was wondering if there were anyother diabetices out there with implants or even if you knew any one. And if so how do you like them? Any problems? And which eye did you get the medpor or the bio eye?

Top Top

Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:18 am

Hi, I am also diabetic. I have the acrylic eye. I just wanted you to know I read your post and wish you the best. Do you make sure you see eye doc once a year to track your good eye?
Kristine :roll:

Top Top

Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:42 pm

Kristine,
I believe he was referring to the kind of implant? Most artificial eyes are acrylic. :lol:

Top Top

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:59 am

Dear Someone who told me,
Implants etc. I will be honest I have no idea what some of the products are nowadays or even what is it being discussed.I only learned that there was more to artificial eyes and options by reading here and I still don't quite understand it. Coral, bio eye, implants, I must tell you I am still in the dark, literally on them.

I read the pages here and forgive my not knowing what is going on still. Having had the ol fake eye for the past forty years I think I should know more but I don't. All I know is that a new eye for me is three thousand dollars and the ocularists all over the state really seem to have big egos and there is no education from them. Is this normal fee and care? I have to fight to know more and this website is my first encounter with some knowledge.

Bear with me please if I make mistakes on my comments. I really fear the impact of diabetes on my health and eye, since my good eye is poor vision and so I responded to this person about implants.

I am sorry if I was a fool, but I am good natured.

Kristine

Top Top

Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Banaltra Banphrionsa

Kristine,

firstly welcome to the board!

Dont EVER feel like a fool, no question is too stupid or silly or obvious, we all learn from each other on here, and sometimes there are folks who think "yeah I've always wondered that too" when they see a question that someone else has posted but they were too afraid to.

I can understand you having worries about the impact of your diabetes on your eyesight, but if you try and maintain good glyceamic control you really shouldnt have too many problems.

Join up as a full member and ask away to your hearts content! :wink:

Take Care.

Top Top

Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:55 am

Hi,
I am the one who asked the question and i know just what you were trying to say.
Never feel like a fool here these people are the best.
And thank you very much for your reply.

Top Top