Login | Register

Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:24 am

I am due to get the coral eye implant over the medpor implant and people say they have the coral eye implant and that they have had no problems but they have heard that there can be alot of problems with this eye . Infections, cyst etc.. So I am trying to find anyone who might have this coral implant and who might have had problems and wish that they had gotten the medpor instead.
Someone said that it depends on you and your body if your are prown to problems it doesnt matter what implant you get you will have problems with either eye which makes me think then I should just go with what my doctor wants since he put and uses these coral eye all the time and should know what he is talking about.
I am just trying to get as much info as i can before the big day and make the right decission.
Thanks for your help or advise.

Top Top

Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:53 am

I had a coral implant for 14 years and just had it replaced last year. There are both pros and cons to having coral, but if your body does not reject it it is the better way to go. Mine was done a long time ago when they wer first perfecting the surgery and I ended up with some problems and infections that caused the coral to get inefected and it almost killed me. But like I said there was some mistakes made during the initail surgery that are not problems any more. Just remeber that the Plastic implant can not be drilled to have a peg put in, and believe me the movment is more realistic with that peg. Any other questions please ask.

Top Top

Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:53 pm

I have had problems with the coral implant with it becoming slightly exposed several times but then I had more problems with a plastic implant. The Medpor is very like coral and I think it's just a matter of which your doctor prefers.

Top Top

Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:07 pm

Was 5 years ago in October that I had my surgery (coral implant)... no problems/complaints here.... :2thumbs:

Top Top