Login | Register

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:13 pm

I had a coral implant first and had lots of complications with it. It needed small repairs but then needed to be completely removed after which I had a dermis fat graft. I don't have really good movement but I don't think it was much better with the coral, I guess it depends on the individual as well. There are far fewer complications with fat grafts apparently.
There also may be other ways to claim back some expenses, my lens is covered by insurance but I have to first prove that the local Health Service Executive isn't also paying for it (haha I'd be making a profit otherwise) and if it wasn't covered by insurance I could claim tax relief and partial cover from them for surgeon fees as well apparently.
My insurance company also refused my application twice, apparently they rarely agree to cover such things outside the country but I didn't know so stubbornly kept applying til they got sick of me :mrgreen:

Top Top

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:36 pm

That sounds okay to me. I know it depends on the individual and in my case movement might be hard to achieve anyway. But it bugs me that my lower lip might never heal completely :cry: I like my lips... Can't have it all, ha?
Not long before I can ask all my questions! But you guys have been a great help!!! Thank you so much and forgive me if I asked too many questions!

Talk to you soon :D have a great night & take care!

Cheers
Katherina

Top Top

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:42 pm

@araic: thanks for the advice! My insurance company said there's no chance they're gonna pay for a surgery that could also be performed in Germany. But you're absolutely right, I will try afterwards until they can't refuse anymore :bigp: and what did you say about making profit :twisted: ? Just kidding of course :wink:

Top Top

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Hi,

Iḿ under care of Mr. Brian Leatherbarrow in Manchester.
I am from Germany but could find somebody with his
expertise. In case of questions dont hesitate to ask me for
further information....

Greets
IF

Top Top

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:00 pm

Hello Katherina I have been a patient of Mr Brian Leatherbarrow and had the coral implant done 20 years ago,only recently had a few problems with it.I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Leatherbarrow you would be in very safe hands,he is one of the best.let us know how you get on. Best wishes

Top Top

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:55 pm

INFLAMES2602 wrote:
Hi,

Iḿ under care of Mr. Brian Leatherbarrow in Manchester.
I am from Germany but could find somebody with his
expertise. In case of questions dont hesitate to ask me for
further information....

Greets
IF

Hello, I'm considering Mr. Leatherbarrow and would mean much if someone could give me some additional info, especially if you were a patient of his. Thanks in advance. I'm deciding between enucleation or just opt out for eye lid and facial surgery to even out the look on my face. Either way I'll need the second one and currently I'm wearing scleral shell over my blind shrunken eye.

Top Top

Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:26 pm

Marysiddall wrote:
Hello Katherina I have been a patient of Mr Brian Leatherbarrow and had the coral implant done 20 years ago,only recently had a few problems with it.I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Leatherbarrow you would be in very safe hands,he is one of the best.let us know how you get on. Best wishes

Hello Marysiddall, I would also appreciate your response about Mr. Leatherbarrow and anything you could tell me about issues you had with your implant. You had coral implant and first problems you had with it occurred after 20 years?

Top Top

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:47 pm

bubamara wrote:
Marysiddall wrote:

Hello Marysiddall, I would also appreciate your response about Mr. Leatherbarrow and anything you could tell me about issues you had with your implant. You had coral implant and first problems you had with it occurred after 20 years?

bubamara-
The person you are asking these questions has not been active on this forum for a few years, and may not see your posts. You could try clicking on the "send private message" link under her name, and send your questions that way. If she is using the same email now as she was when she was on this forum, she will get an email telling her she has a message here. Good luck!

Detached retina 2009, right eye; evisceration March 2010

Top Top

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Thanks you for your reply, I tired this so hoping for the best.

Also if anyone sees this post I could use some other recommendations on oculoplastic surgeons in London who I can consult with while I visit London next month. I need consultation on droopy eyelid which was most likely caused bu the fracture of my lower jaw and cheek bone at the time of accident.. It's been 17 years since the accident and I have finally decided to go with some surgery because it has become unbearable to keep squeezing the muscles around the eye just to appear "normal". Doctors where I like can't help me so I have to look for help somewhere abroad.

Top Top

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:44 pm

Obvious place in London is going to be Moorfields. They have a private wing.

http://www.moorfields-private.co.uk/

Top Top

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:43 pm

burnt toast wrote:
Obvious place in London is going to be Moorfields. They have a private wing.

http://www.moorfields-private.co.uk/

Thanks for you reply, I heard about Moorfields but I was also hoping maybe to hear form someone who had a treatment there or is still visiting an oculoplastic surgeon based in London.

Top Top

Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:34 pm

I have been treated there but not in the private wing!

Top Top