Login | Register

Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:32 am

yes you should see a psychiatrist for an evaluation, there are so many drugs out there that can change your thoughts for the better...Wish you well...it's obvious that losing your eye had added to your other problems...Lil

I was diagnosed on July 3, 2014 and had my
Enucleation July 9, 2014 (Female 64)

Top Top

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:45 pm

I just wanted to add that if you are feeling suicidal and need someone to talk to that has experience with that please call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline- the people on the end are there to help you and can help you get the resources you need. Here is the number- 1-800-273-8255

They also have a chat service if you prefer typing- here is the link for that. http://chat.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/GetHelp/LifelineChat.aspx

Here's another organization that has phone numbers to call- https://www.linesforlife.org/get-help-now/?gclid=CJzri_znhNUCFU1tfgodR7YHKg

I hope you are able to find the help you need. You may not feel strong, but you have made it this far and are seeking help so you must be a survivor. There are many resources and therapies to help relieve your suffering. Depression and anxiety can conspire to make you feel hopeless. It can be helpful to talk things through with someone so they can help you find rational, healthy thoughts to replace the harmful ones. Sending love your way and wishing you luck on you mental health journey.

Top Top

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:52 pm

Hello Matijaa,
once again welcome to this great forum!
A few years ago, I also felt depressed and angry because I will never be like the other guys. Some other kids in my class were nasty to me... but these aren't the majority. My experience is that most people (that you tell about your eye) will support you. They will ask a lot of questions and they will understand if you don't want to answer some, too.
Back then, it was a very tough time for me but I got a lot of support and finally, I started to feel better and I'm sure you will experience similar things!
What helped me the most was getting to know other one-eyed people! Although forums like this one offer you great support, there is nothing better than meeting others in real life!
And please don't forget: You're not alone!
Best wishes, Therra

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. - Rocky Balboa

Top Top

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:47 pm

I think that firstly I should apologize for writing some posts on this forum. But thats just the way it was. :D

Well, things are going fine right now.
Im okay and Im not wearing an eye patch anymore.
Im going to school and I dont think that wearing an eye patch would be a genious solution there. But after finishing school and going to college I will try to wear it for some time.

Top Top

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Matijaa, so happy you are feeling better...this forum is a great place to vent....we don't judge, but we will give advice and suggestions if someone needs it...Lil

I was diagnosed on July 3, 2014 and had my
Enucleation July 9, 2014 (Female 64)

Top Top

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:30 pm

I'm very happy to hear that you are feeling better. Please don't feel like you need to apologize for venting your feelings and frustrations. This is a safe place and we are all here to be helpful to you. Sending hugs and hope you have a lot of fun in school!

Top Top