Login | Register

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:17 pm

Hey all -- It's been a while. Things have been going good the last few years. Happy New Year to everyone before i go further. Here in the last few weeks, I've developed a head ache that I'm 99.9 percent sure stems from my bad eye. I've had these before so that's why I'm pretty sure. Never can tell what triggers them. I just know that the dull pain seems to come from within the socket. Whenever I get these, my lid won't open quite as wide. And any type of pressure on the lid or prosthesis is very painful. I will also get pain in the cheek bone and even the bone above my eye where the eyebrow is. I've never been able to figure it out. I don't think its an infection as there isn't anything that i can see (no swelling, no extra gunk, etc.). i will say when i wake up in the mornings, I do have more crusted gunk on my lashes. Anyway, it started around Dec. 27 and lasted about a week. Then it went away for a week and I was back to normal. Now the last 2-3 days it's back. Any ideas?

Lawnmower Accident
July, 1975

Top Top

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:30 pm

I would call the dr., maybe you can take something if you feel the pain coming on...Eye crust/gunk is pretty normal and I put warm water on a gauze pad and wipe easy from outer corner to inner corner...Lil

I was diagnosed on July 3, 2014 and had my
Enucleation July 9, 2014 (Female 64)

Top Top

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:44 am

The branches of the trigeminal nerves are above and below the eye, and the third one goes to the jaw. Pain in the trigeminal nerves is called trigeminal neuralgia. A neurologist would be the doctor you need to diagnose and treat trigeminal pain. Google trigeminal nerves and you'll find diagrams of them, see if your pain corresponds to them.

You have my sympathy, I had trigeminal neuralgia for awhile and it's nasty pain. I hope you can find a good neurologist and get it under control! I'm so sorry that you're going through that.

Top Top

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:53 am

Years ago, I had the same problems. This was before I had an eye problem. MRI turned up negative. Dr suggested to go to a dentist. Dentist did X-ray on teeth. Upper wisdom tooth that was never extracted had an abscess. Same side of head where all the pain was coming from. It was exreacted after a treatment of antibiotics. Pain disappeared. I had been having headaches, cheek pain, forehead pain, you name it.
Simple things sometimes causes big issues.
Yours may be socket related, or ????

Top Top

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:23 am

Good suggestion from Mike. Be sure to rule out a problem with your teeth. Sinus as well, as I get similar pain and also some discharge around my eye.

Top Top