Login | Register

Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks to all the info here, I've finally figured out how to add an avatar and signature line. I'm also learning how to be a poster in a forum for the first time - in monovision, no less! Previous posts have only been in the Intro section though I've read many posts in other sections.

To read from so many of you that things do get better as your remaining eye, and brain adjust in time fills me with hope and determination to be patient, and smarter on how I move and compensate (not automatic yet).

The vision I lost was in my "good eye" which is no longer available, and so my next step is to see if vision in my left, remaining eye can be improved. If that can happen, I think it will help so much with adjusting to monocular vision. Right now the poor vision (and I'm thankful for any vision!) requires lots of effort to read, work at computer, sew; close work seems to be impacted the most for me. Haven't attempted driving yet but that's another thing on my a.s.a.p. list.

I'm blessed to have supportive family and friends, but it's here where I find a comfort zone of people who've walked this walk and know what it's like at all stages and levels, emotionally, physically, and practically. No matter to whom your words may have been addressed over these forums, we all benefit and take away some precious thing we have needed just now.

Top Top

Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:45 pm

Hope it all works out for you for the best that can be done, dewdrop, and please do not forget how important it is to wear polycarbonate eye glasses to protect your "good" eye...Keep in touch and all the best to you...Lil :applaus:

I was diagnosed on July 3, 2014 and had my
Enucleation July 9, 2014 (Female 64)

Top Top

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:50 am

yes this is a great place, dewdrop, and you can get a lot of helpful advice and great ideas...Love your avatar, too...Lil

I was diagnosed on July 3, 2014 and had my
Enucleation July 9, 2014 (Female 64)

Top Top

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:20 am

dewdrop: Beautiful pic! I'm impressed that you figured out how to add your avatar. It's on my "To Do" list since they changed out Photobucket!

I'm sure that you will find this place extremely helpful and the people are very welcoming and wonderful.

F/56/Happily Married/enucleation 44 years ago- bb gun accident. Going to replace old implant due to severe changes in my socket. Hoping for the best, while thanking Dr. Slonim for his constant sage advice!

Top Top