Login | Register

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:49 am

ward wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sLIzMeATY8&feature=related

One of Bowie's many alter ego's.

Is this a character he plays on stage too?

Top Top

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:46 am

LOL. :)

More than likely!! Since Bowie's left eye was injured in real life then I would have thought this clip of Bowie with a patch on the right eye might have been one of his characters. I am not sure as it's the only footage I have seen . He could be wearing a patch here for an eye problem but I will give it the benefit of the doubt and have it that it was one of his characters though I am not sure which one. lol

Perhaps Ziggy might have been a better example-
Interestingly Bowie chose to patch Ziggy's non injured eye though he didn't patch him all the time. :x

Bowie is able to see out of his injured eye although he sees some colours differently and in his words has ' faulty DP'. So in this clip at least Mr Bowie or his alter ego can see.

Anyway nice to see Danger Mouse on this thread :)

Top Top

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:35 pm

I love Danger Mouse! I still watch it to this day on Youtube. I remember that it used to air on Nickelodeon, over here, when I was really young -- it always gave me a good chuckle!

I was lucky in the fact that, when I was a really small child, that a show called "Pinwheel" was being showed -- this show had cartoons, and other animations that were from all over the world. I remember "Paddington Bear", "Curious George", "Charlie's Climbing Tree", and all sorts of others! Danger Mouse didn't air on Pinwheel, but I think they just showed it as it was.

Top Top

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:14 pm

Buck
Buck (full name Buckminster) is an English-accented weasel that lived in the underground Dinosaur World.
He made his appearance in Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. He is voiced by Simon Pegg in the movie and by James Patrick Stuart in the video game.

Ice Age Wiki

Top Top

Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:14 am

I always love a good pirate character. :eekp:

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:49 pm

Henry Weems from the X-Files episode "The Goldberg Variation"
Original Airdate: 12-12-99

Mulder found his artificial eye and returned to it to Weems who immediately put it in the socket without washing it off! :shock:

What got me about this episode, Scully was trying to find Weems and was looking at "doctors" to see if anyone reported in with a missing fake eye. The writers should have known that Weems would have went to an Ocularist and I'm sure there aren't many of them in Chicago.

Top Top

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:50 am

#5 from the film 9

A rag doll that awakens in a post-apocalyptic future holds the key to humanity's salvation.

IMDB - 9

Top Top

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:40 pm

Re:

HappySad wrote:
Rooster Cogburn

John Wayne won an oscar as Rooster Cogburn in 1969's True Grit. He reprised the role in the film Rooster Cogburn.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065126/

Rooster CogburnNed, I mean to kill you in two minutes or take you to Fort Smith to hang at Judge Parker's convenience. Which'll it be?”
Lucky Ned PepperI call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.”
Cogburn Fill your hand you sonafabitch!”

John Wayne and Robert Duvall in True Grit.

True Grit - 2010 Remake.

The 2010 remake of True Grit stars Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn.

Last edited by HappySad on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Re:

HappySad wrote:
Rooster Cogburn

John Wayne won an oscar as Rooster Cogburn in 1969's True Grit.

John Wayne started his Oscar acceptance speech by saying, “Wow! If I’d have known that, I would have put that patch on thirty-five years earlier.”

When Wayne returned to the set of the Undefeated after the Oscar ceremony, stuntman Neil Summers remembers

There were about 150 of us on the set - cast, crew, extras, caterers - and when he gets out of his car, we all have our backs to him.
Then we turned around and all of us had on eye patches (like Cogburn's in the movie), even his horse has an eye patch. The carpenters had built a mock Oscar out of plywood, 50 feet high, painted gold, and it had an eye patch on it.

"Then we all started applauding. He got misty-eyed over that."

Top Top

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Matrim Cauton, from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.

(haven't found an image of him after he lost his eye, yet.)

Eye lost to catastrophic trauma at age 5... fishing stringer of all things!

Top Top

Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:20 pm

Odin

Anthony Hopkins plays Odin, Thor's father, in the film Thor.

Sacrificed his right eye to Mimir for the wisdom to stop Ragnarök....apparently.

Top Top

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:57 pm

Minions!!

(from the 3D P ( Movie "Despicable me")

Top Top

Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:31 am

Site Admin

Quote:
Anthony Hopkins plays Odin, Thor's father, in the film Thor.

Sacrificed his right eye to Mimir for the wisdom to stop Ragnarök....apparently.

Odin disguised himself as Vegtam the Wanderer, and visited the Mímisbrunnr to drink from the Well of Wisdom. He exchanged his eye for a drink that allowed him to see what would befall (both good and bad) upon men. He used this knowledge to prevent Ragnarök, or Fate of the Gods, an armageddon-like event

If you have any questions or concerns on the use of this forum, please private message me.

if speed doesn't scare you, the truck around the corner will

Top Top

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Saul Tigh

Saul Tigh is a fictional character on Battlestar Galactica played by Michael Hogan.

During the Cylon occupation of New Caprica, Tigh is jailed and tortured several times by the Cylons for acts of resistance against them, and his right eye is violently ripped out.

Saul Tigh - Wikipedia

Top Top

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Bobo Haha

Bobo Haha is an animal E.V.O. in the animated series Generator Rex, taking the form of an anthropomorphic chimp.
He is Rex's sidekick and also a bad influence, something that he has even stated himself.

http://generatorrexpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Bobo_Haha

Top Top

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:58 pm

HappySad wrote:
Rooster Cogburn

John Wayne won an oscar as Rooster Cogburn in 1969's True Grit. He reprised the role in the film Rooster Cogburn.

At a recent auction of John Wayne memorabilia
the eye patch that he wore in True Grit brought in nearly $47,000
and the star's Golden Globe Award for his role the film fetched $143,400.

Top Top

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:19 am

One Eyed Leprachaun

Hi HS: I wonder if Willis on here bought it :lol: :lol:

Irish_in_Oz passed away on Februaruy 26, 2016.
She will be missed.
--
rukus

Top Top

Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Michael "Mike" Starr (born July 29, 1950) is an American actor. Starr is notable for his large size, standing 6 ft 3 1/2 in (192 cm), and has typically been typecast as thugs or henchmen.

Starr plays Tony, a security guard in the film the Bodyguard
Image starring Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston. (R.I.P).
Costner who plays Frank stars as a former Secret Service Agent turned bodyguard who is hired to protect Houston's character, a music star, from an unknown stalker.

Tony (Mike Starr) loses an eye during a melee at the end of the film having had it gouged out by Portman (Tomas Arana) who plays the hitman but both he and Frank survive their injuries

TONY (Mike Starr)

Top Top

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Celia

Celia, played by Ashley Gerasimovich, is Kevin's younger sister in the film We Need To Talk About Kevin.

When Celia is six years old, she is involved in a household "accident" in which drain cleaner causes her to lose an eye.

Top Top

Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Boots the Tiger

Boots the Tiger from Animal Kwackers, one of the freakiest kids TV shows ever made.
I'd be surprised if anyone, besides me, remembers this.

Top Top