Login | Register

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:51 am

Hello Everyone

I am new to this site and new to this world of one eye. 3 weeks since the surgery. 4 weeks since I got the news. Hope to talk to everyone about everything.
Lost in Colorado

Top Top

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:56 am

Welcome to this site the people here are amazing read as many posts as you can. all the best...

Peace

Immortal Techniques

Top Top

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:59 am

One Eyed Leprachaun

Welcome aboard!! You will get a lot of info on the site and lots of kindness and support; hope all goes well in the next few weeks. cheers Vera

Irish_in_Oz passed away on Februaruy 26, 2016.
She will be missed.
--
rukus

Top Top

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:25 am

Welcome.
Hope you are coping with your loss.
You wlll find comfort and fun on this site :0)

Top Top

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:30 am

Wow, this is all really new to you and all of a sudden! I can't imagine going through both the loss of sight and the loss of the physical eye all in one. I had my enucleation surgery a week ago, but lost the sight in that eye 24 years ago.

Hang in there! Read, laugh, cry and enjoy the company!

Christy

Top Top

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:16 pm

Evil Genius

Welcome

Top Top

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:33 pm

Welcome to the forum Tifani, hope you find most if not all you answers here. Someone here is or has been through the same thing so theres people who can help ease the courosity and set your mind at ease too.Good Luck. Kendra 8)

Top Top

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:41 pm

Welcome Tifani, Sorry to hear your're a new member but this is a great place for support and information - Amy

Top Top

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:57 pm

Welcome to the site!

You will find loads of support here.

Best of luck for the healing process!

Best wishes,
Tina

Top Top

Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:14 pm

Welcome Tifani, I lost my eye and sight as quickly as you did. It's a shock but keep heart. It gets easier.

Top Top

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:19 pm

Thank you. I hope I don't run you all off with all my questions. You all kinda scared me lastnight when I was reading about all of the infections that you seem to get after the prosthesis. I am looking so forward to the prosthesis. I hope it isn't as bad as so many of you have stated. I never will like the patch. I am not a pirate and hope to never be one. My best friends' sister in law has had a prosthesis for over 25 years and she has no problems. My biggest problem right now is my 'general anxiety disorder is flaring up. I work for the National Park Service and have been for the last 12 years as an admin technician. I LOVE my job and I don't want to lose it cause of anxiety. Course I have 377 more hours of sick leave to go before I have to really start worrying about that. My oldest son is getting married Sept 15 of this year. I didn't plan on this summer turning out like it did but I just don't want to be all crazy stressed and anixous then. This is hard. I take Zoloft have taken it for years but raised the dosage for this. I'm I doing okay?? :? :? :?

Top Top

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:47 am

Tifani - it's okay to be stressed out right now - this is a huge thing you are going through - not too mention your son's wedding on top of it all!! Take your time - breathe.

There are some "scary" bits to our posts on here but it's only because this is a safe place for us to vent/cry/complain etc.
Not everyone has a horror story but we are all here for each other (this includes you!).

All the best to you.
Starr

Top Top

Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:15 am

Tifani,

Hey! I have worked for NPS as well, but only as a seasonal park ranger (interpretation). I got to work 4 different parks. I have found the NPS very supportive of disabilities, I hope the park you work at is very supportive....so hang in there!

I had a little panic attack of my own today seeing the inside of my eye socket for the first time and the little cup fell out. Years ago I wore contacts for 19 years and I tried to tell myself, this is almost the same as putting a contact in your eye, but have to make sure it goes under both eye lids. I made it through!

Just keep talking to yourself and nurture yourself, that's how I get through this all! You are your best friend :-)

Normally I handle a lot and can deal with difficult situations, but I guess I turned human today! HA HA HA!!!!

You are in very good company here!!! I know that in many ways I haven't even recieved half the trauma that some of you folks have with your eyes. You all amaze me and KEEP SMILING!!! :D

Top Top

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:33 am

just to say welcome to the board,

ayesha
xx :roll:

Top Top

Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:29 am

Welcome to the group! We all keep an eye out for each other :lol: Take care and I wish you a happy recovery.

Top Top