Login | Register

Offensive ?
Yes 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Don't care 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6

Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:46 pm

On The Lot, Fox's talent show for aspiring film-makers featured a film called Glass Eye by Will Bigham about a man who loses his glass eye, but realizes he can now see the world in a completely different way.

http://www.thelot.com/contestants/view/?id=17&vd=51

What the Judges said....

Carrie - If my dog pooped my eye out I wouldn't be waiting around to put it back in. You make very sweet films and I like the spirit. They are like silent films. Might try to have some dialogue next time.

Wes Craven - I thought you had a really fun concept and you followed it through. Very original and cinematic. There were a few misdirections. It would make more sense to have the glass eye scenes in black and white.

Garry - You've got a good eye for film making. Your lead character was in a wife-beater shirt. Be careful of wardrobe.
The entire film I kept wondering why the lead character was covering his empty eye socket to view what the glass eye was seeing. It seemed like he should have been covering his good eye instead. I realize Will had to establish that the lead character realized his eye fell out but he could have accomplished the same with an audible cue when the eye hit the ground. That point distracted me a bit, but I still found the film amusing. He did a great job directing the dog as well. I have a few pets and can imagine how difficult that must be.

Top Top

Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:36 pm

No, it didn't offend me, but it didn't impress me either. I didn't find the film very entertaining. The eyeball was shaped like a marble rolling around, and the man just stood there like some dumb ass. Then he would cover his bad eye instead of covering his good eye, and he could see through his bad eye....too goofy for me.

Top Top

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:03 am

Will Bigham was named the winner of Fox Television's "On the Lot" reality show.

The filmmaker's prize is a $1 million development deal with Steven Spielberg's Dreamworks Pictures.

Films made by Bigham include "The Yes Men," "Road Rage 101," "Unplugged," "Spaghetti," "Nerve Endings," "Glass Eye" and "Lucky Penny."

Top Top

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:42 pm

I found the film funny since I have a dog and have no problem imagining us in the same scenario.

Top Top

Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:59 pm

The film was alright but I was rather confused as to why the man would cover his bad eye at all ? If the eye fell out and no one was home I don't see any of us running to cover our eye socket. Instead why not just have him down on the ground looking under his table and all over for his eye just like someone who might have lost a contact lens ? I think this would make more sense unless there was a crowd of people then we would understand covering our eye socket to hide it from others.

Just my thoughts!

Cher
:?

Top Top

Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:13 am

Yes, not offensive but not at all funny.

Top Top