Login | Register

Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:48 pm

Hello !
I'm trying out Rukus recipe on how to include photos. So I'll make a go - hoping I will be able to share my before and after pictures. These are the after photos. Top photo is me one month after my getting my prothese and the bottom is after a month. Before photo coming up in my next message.

Marie
losteye_avatar/a.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i187.photobucket

Top Top

Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:54 pm

Wow.. you just can't tell you have a prosthesis. And there's me with some grotty kids calling after me off the bus last night asking why my eye looked weird. It's as much to make you cry.. in comparison, yours is beautiful.

Top Top

Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:04 pm

Thanks Ann ! When I got my prothesis I wept for several days. Every time I looked in the mirror it wasn't me - I felt I looked foolish and wanted to wear the patch the rest of my life. But then the upper eye lid (?) started to get back in shape and now it feels good. I am very satisfied with the work of M. Grip (anaplastolog) - she's done a wonderful job !!
You know it all depends on how I look into the camera, on other photos might see me crosseyed etc.

I am sorry to hear about you being teased by others - that is rude !!! I wonder if they know how much comments like that hurt ? I don't know how would have handled it myself. What did you do/say?
Marie

Top Top

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:58 am

One Eyed Leprachaun

Hi; Marie u r looking good I couldn't tell either;
Ann I hope u told them to bugger off in very colourful language;
cheers vera

Irish_in_Oz passed away on Februaruy 26, 2016.
She will be missed.
--
rukus

Top Top

Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:28 am

Fantastic :) I wish mine looked that good. Mine looks kinda like I have a black eye.

Andy

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:22 am

Thank you Andy. Credit where credit's due - it's all thanks to Malena Grip in Oslo, Norway. And then ofcourse my eyedoctor told me that removing an eye requires a good doctor and that he would get me one of the best he knew. Isn't that great ??
Marie

Top Top

Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:11 am

Irish_In_Oz wrote:
Ann I hope u told them to bugger off in very colourful language;
cheers vera

Hmm.. yes, I did! :lol:

Top Top

Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:07 pm

Good on ya Anne :)

I still get loads of 'abuse :P ' from my mates and I used to work on building sites with about 50 hairy assed brickies who pick up on anyones weak points, My workmate has a big old nose, he gets much more stick than me :lol:
It really doesn't bother me when people comment on my eye in a light hearted way, I give as good as I take but it amazes/annoys me that some people are just plain rude and strangers will comment out of spite!!

Andy

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:36 pm

Quote:
I give as good as I take but it amazes/annoys me that some people are just plain rude and strangers will comment out of spite!!

Hi Everyone...Very true Andy but you know...those people have way more serious problems then we do because our problems are medical theirs are mental. A lot of people just don't think before they speak especially if they have never been sick or injured themselves they are just incapable of understanding. I have an aunt like that...she rarely even gets a cold and doesn't understand just how lucky she is but yet she's so rude and heartless that I consider myself to be the lucky one and her as having the handicap!

YOUR EYE LOOKS BEAUTIFUL...I just got my eye last week and I find that because my eyes are so open it was really hard to make them look equal in size/shape and color and yet trying to get them to point the same direction is now a new challenge.

Cher
:)

Top Top

Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:59 am

Hi Marie,

I have been absent from the list for a few days, but first wanted to say "hi!" and welcome to the list!

I love your picture and is that young lady next to you your daughter? You have a beautiful daughter!

As for your eyes, there is a sparkle in both of them! I hope I am as lucky as you as I should get an appointment possibly next week to see my ocularist for the first time.

Top Top

Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:54 am

Thank you for your kind words Christy. Yes, it is my daughter and as a matter of fact she's 15 this very day !
I wish you good luck with your prothesis. Dis you just have your eye removed, or what ?
Marie

Top Top

Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:14 am

One Eyed Leprachaun

Hi Marie; happy birthday to your daughter from Dowunder; cheers Vera (she looks like u)
Christy; good luck with the new eye; I hope u r pleased; cheers Vera

She will be missed.
--
rukus

Top Top

Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:19 am

Thank you Vera - I'll pass the word to her - she'll be very pleased. By the way, I enjoy listening to Australian groups. Have some music of Mental as Anything, Men at Work, INXS and Midnight Oil.
Have a nice day !
Marie

Top Top

Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:23 am

One Eyed Leprachaun

Hi Marie; WOW!! love your taste in music; since I came here (originally from Northern Ireland"I loved Midnight Oil; shame they split up; do u know the lead singer is now in Oz Federal Politics in Labour Party; I also love the rest of your choices; cheers Vera

She will be missed.
--
rukus

Top Top

Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:36 am

Vera - no I didn't know that the lead singer is a politician. I can't help smiling. I'm new to this site and I'm not into all the different eye -issues. Not only am I learning a lot medically speaking but also on other trivial matters. This is a great spot to be in. I love it.
Marie

Top Top

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:29 am

cher - you mention different shapes of the eyes. I was told that this difference was due to in-and outside swelling after the operation. It could take a year for it to look more normal (= the eyelid to get back in shape). It's now been six months since my operation. In the beginning you couldn't tell I had eyelashes - they were in a horizonal position. Even eyeliner was difficult to put on. Now it looks at lot better and my eyelashes are visible.
When it comes to how I look - this is what I did: When I came home with my prothesis I gathered my girls and spread them on the couch and then we had a go at how I should turn my head when looking/speaking to them. Also I have learned that when I
I'm going to look into another direction without turning my head, I blink at the same time as I change my looking direction. That way my prothesis follows - I imagine the muscle is given more force to move the protesis. Don't know if this made any sense at all.
Marie

Top Top

Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:20 am

You look really awesome , I dont believe that even your "lost eye" would have looked as much good as this artificial eye.

Great job. :shock:

Top Top

Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:03 am

Site Admin

looks good.

If you have any questions or concerns on the use of this forum, please private message me.

if speed doesn't scare you, the truck around the corner will

Top Top

Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:51 pm

Brilliant photos. You definitely couldn't tell you had a prosthesis.

Top Top

Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:28 am

Hi,

Youe eyes look very beautiful. I am going to hve my prosthesis done and building up the courage for that. And seeing you , gives confidence. As you have said, the eye surgery must be done very fine so as to reduce the difference. Request you to send me your doctor's full address and details so as to contact furthur.

Thanks,
Navya

Top Top