Login | Register

What would you do???
1. Nothing, he will get his, what comes around goes around. 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
2. Call the workplace harassment no. and let them handle it. 50%  50%  [ 7 ]
3. Beat the crap out of him or verbally assault him, it's his word against yours. (lol) 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
4. Take them all to court. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5. Find another job. 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
6. Stop with the bloody polls, can't you make your own decisions? 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14

Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:53 am

Ok gang here's another one for you: There's this big ahole at work that continually says things that are against company policy. First he made a crack once after I told another worker I had recently attended a family reunion he asked if I got a date while I was there (moron).

Next the bloody nitwit cracked on my eye patch a couple of times, the latest was this past Friday. As soon as I walked in the door he said, 'Hey there Pirate Pete, how's it going? Did you scare any kids away giving out Halloween candy?' I said nothing and walked on ignoring the idiots remarks.

Later on in the meeting I was no. 3 in sales this week and earned a small gift (cheap pen, lol) and the District Manager (the other butt head who wouldn't put up my picture with a patch when I made agent of the mth because he thought the patch would scare clients),,,,gets ready to toss the pen across the room to me. I said, 'Don't throw the pen, don't throw it.' Why? Because of no depth perception of course meaning I probably wouldn't catch it if thrown. The other employee then remarks, 'He doesn't want it thrown because you might poke his other eye out!' He then erupts in laughter along with other aholes in the offices, not all, laughing.

My company has very strict rules about harassment in the workplace and this is no exception. The procedure is to call a number and report the accusation and then they investigate it. They would sooner fire someone guilty of this then suffer a lawsuit as they've had tons of suits to deal with for various reasons. He could also get a slap on the wrist and be forced to go to counseling.

My first instinct is to beat the crap out of him or give him a good lashing of words, however my sales manager thinks this is a bad idea as he might turn the tables and then call them saying I harassed him. Ironically, the guy in question and I are the only two out of my office going on the Tennessee trip. I could take a stroll with him through the Smokey Mountain National Park and proceed to beat the crap out of him while no witnesses are around, lol. Sorry, he just pisses me off and I'm not scared of anyone. Understand also that even with all the animosity I feel towards this guy, he's got a family and I'd hate to be responsible for his loss of income IF it came to that.

I'm just not sure at this time what to do and any advice is appreciated.

Top Top

Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Kick his ass bro ...... He has it coming :lol: :lol:

I've a guy at work who tries to take the pss, I just jump on his insecuritys, he's ex army so he hates it when I mention his weight, he's a bit out of shape and used to been peak physique, I'll wait till everyones around and compare stomaches forcing him to get the gut out and embarrass himself lol,
He's also greying a bit so that gives me some ammo.
Basically he's the butt of all my jokes, And why, because he tries to put me down because of my eye. But this is all in a joking manner

I can take wise cracks, if it's meant in a joking way but not a spitefull way, if push came to shove I'd confront someone and ask them to cool it. I've not had to do it about my eye but where I work we were striking lately, things got nasty when some of my mates were crossing the picket line (familys to support etc) and others really started bullying them, I didn't cross the line but wasn't going to let these gobby pricks treat my mates like this and it came to a point where a manager had to stand in and split us up, my pet hate in this life is a bully, I won't tolerate it in my presence, Now the guys don't speak to me, in fact they don't look at me, I'm treated by these knobs like a strike breaker which suits me fine ;)

We have a system in place at our work the same as yours, I'd confront him and tell him to stop, say it's a sore subject and he's not to mention it.... If he does then start the grievance procedure, at least you warned him

Don't let the prick get you down mate, tell him to stop, in whatever way seems right for you lol......... take your shovel with you

Andy

Male
in the 25-32 bracket (Just) ;)
Getting better with age

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:03 am

One Eyed Leprachaun

hI rONNIE; I think you can do a few of things u suggested;
When the two of you are together in Dolly's Land; ask him for a drink; talk about 5 minutes generally (hotel; surroundings; etc)
tie that into; (R) isn;t it great we won this through work; blah;blah (Him) blah blah blah....
(R) BY THE WAY I WANT; NO I DEMAND that you stop joking about my eye; stop putting me down in front of the staff/management; as you know this is against company policy; (Him) blah;blah (but it's only a joke/I dont mean anything) (R) well it is a joke you are not allowed to do as it is against company policy; so FIND ANOTHER JOKE or find another job; (him) blah;blah (R) take this as your first and only warning; if you do it again I will report it;
(R) remember you have a family to support so weigh that up against continuing making your jokes that could loose you your job; ........ (R) great!!! now lets go and meet Dolly!
:lol: :lol: my best advice; cheers Vera

Irish_in_Oz passed away on Februaruy 26, 2016.
She will be missed.
--
rukus

Top Top

Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:27 am

Watch Out...Vera's getting feisty... :lol: :lol:

I agree totally. The Pigeon Forge trip could be an opportunity to get some one-on-one time to get your message across, before further action is taken. Sounds like an even better reason to go on a short vacation. Take advantage of it, Ronnie. Oh.....be sure you send us a post ASAP. Can't wait to hear the outcome... 8)

Top Top

Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:35 am

Knock him out...

Top Top

Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:47 pm

Oh boy, I can see I'm one of the few here. Please do not punch him. I couldn't care less if he gets run over by a car but I think hitting him will cause you even more problems. He is a pathetic, sad creature that has bigger problems than you'll ever have.

I know this is pretty tame but I vote for talking to him with a manager third party present. Tell him you are keeping it between the three of you but you will take it up the ladder if he continues. Short and sweet. If you walk away from the meeting feeling that did little or nothing, write a letter to your human resources anyway. Document everything and do not speak to him alone regarding this.

If that doesn't work, I'll change my vote to hitting him.

Best wishes - Amy

Top Top

Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:04 pm

I hope this information is helpful and apologize if I'm off base here....

Amy has good suggestions. I had to contact a regional office to get proper accomodations and go through a mess and because of my persistent nature, they made new policy of mediation because I didn't want to "file" a grievance. Back then you could only do a grievance or suck it up.

This isn't borderline harassment, it is flat out harassment. The catch 22 is is.....making waves can get things going in the right direction or retaliation against you could happen. See if they have a retaliation law at your workplace, they do with the federal government. As Amy said, DOCUMENT everything. Even what people say on what day, time and where. Keeping a journal totally sucks, but in today's world this is what is needed.

OTher people really have issues in life and they like to pick on others to make them feel better....psychology 101. IT sucks, but really they own it, their behavior that is....hang in there! Let us know what you do!

Christy

Top Top

Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:27 pm

Site Admin

call the harrassment board. let them deal with is forsure. if he loses his loss of income, then he had it coming to him. as fior the rest of the family, send them all christmas gifts.

If you have any questions or concerns on the use of this forum, please private message me.

if speed doesn't scare you, the truck around the corner will

Top Top

Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:42 pm

tell him and the others exactly what it is that bothers you. tell them to stop and if they don't then you should call the harrassment number.

Top Top

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:18 am

Thanks everyone for the advice you've given so far in this frustrating matter. My first instinct is to beat the living daylights out of him for sure as he does deserve it. BUT of course I don't want to lose my job over a prick like this. I'm leaning strongly towards having a one on one chat with him and demanding a 'cease and desist' as Vera stated along with others. IF this doesn't work then I will call the no. and report him. Amazing this idiot was a manager and thinks what he's doing is a proper way to act. NO wonder he got demoted from his position. I'm sure there's jealousy at play here because he once was my manager and he wishes I did as well under him as I am now. I've always heard the best revenge is to live well. I agree it's a psychological problem of his own that's spilling out. One thing I've never done is to make fun of peoples problems or disabilities and it's amazing to me how some can do this so callously. Joking or not, it's not right. IF the punk acts aggressive and gets rowdy I will bark back and we will have a go at it. I do value all your opinions, take care and I will keep you posted.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Someone chose no. 6 in the poll!

Top Top

Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:10 pm

Immortal Tech wrote:
Knock him out...

HaHaHaHa Love it tech
I can see you tend to sit on the fence and reserve judgement lol great post :gott:

Killing myself laughing that someone chose option 6 on the poll pmsl

Male
in the 25-32 bracket (Just) ;)
Getting better with age

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:14 am

Rule no. 1 for the workplace:- never let anybody know that something is getting to you.
If he has a go at you, just say "Hey man, you're a real funny guy!".This will be followed by a dull silence.If that doesn't work, shout "LOUDER!" at him every time he speaks, even if its to someone else. This always works.

Top Top

Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:01 pm

Occasional Visitor...

So true! Good response!

Christy

Top Top