Login | Register

Tue May 30, 2017 9:52 pm

On June 2nd a 2nd Surgery will take Place... trying to cut the subretinal scar out and pull it out between Retina and Pigment epithelium.... Never Ending Story, please Keep your Fingers crossed......
BR Max

Peripheral view,but central scotoma with photophobia,double visions + pain.

Top Top

Wed May 31, 2017 5:56 pm

Good luck.

Top Top

Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:33 am

Hi Max, thank you for posting. It's so awfully scary to realize that we could lose an eye over such a freak incident. It's definitely not an easy thing to go through, as I have been dealing with this issue for two years now. So I'm still in the god awful honey moon phase ;) but I'm glad you posted. I hope you are well !

Massive eye infection in my right eye in October of 2015. Lost all sight in that eye shortly after infection and surgery. Currently, my right eye is weakening and looks quite "different". High possibility of enucleation.

Top Top

Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:14 pm

Hello Kanterra,
Thank you for your friendly reply!
If I am not mistaken, we are approximately the same age, high 30ies.. - so I can imagine that the "honeymoon"duration is comparable.
I had a rather long (app 80 minutes) retinal surgery in Southern Germany on June 2nd 2017 ("CNV extraction"). The doctors were quite satisfied; however, I couldn't judge it myself, as side effect was a massive cataract of the lense.
So just beginning of this week (end August 2017) an artificial lense (from Texas...) was implanted. Afterwards the OCT showed, that the retina on fovea area is indeed a bit flater than it had been before and I can say myself that the scotoma is a little bit smaller. And in fact I see a little (!) bit more; on the other hand's side the metamorphopsies are more. Again very irritating.
On Wednesday Avastin was injected intravitreally. This will again be done end of September and end of October and then end of November the doctors will decide whether another retinal surgery will be done or not.....
Never ending "Honeymoon". - how nice it would be to get the "old live back" - which brings me to the wish of enucleation again - but that is, again, to early in my case.

Take care, Kanterra. As you can see from a lot of posts here, a lot of people are happy with their prothesis and got more or less back to normal..

Kind regards, Max

Peripheral view,but central scotoma with photophobia,double visions + pain.

Top Top