Login | Register

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:05 am

Hi all, I'm Jake,27 and I'm from the UK. I'm completely blind in my left eye ( no optic nerve) and my eyesight in my right eye is pretty bad without my glasses and is slowly degenerating. I stumbled across this website whilst looking for other people like myself online, I noticed that a lot of people have lost an eye/eyesight due to disease,accidents,violence ect.mine unfortunately was caused by my mum taking drugs whilst pregnant which caused problems with brain development and the problems with my eyes.fortunately I was one of the lucky ones as my only lasting issue is my eyesight where most are left with brain damage,autism,complete blindness and worse so I suppose I am lucky to have the one I've Got!

Top Top

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Welcome Jake. It’s unfortunate that this has happened to you. Sometimes, people’s choices affects others in very difficult ways. It seems you are dealing with it in a positive way. Since being monocular has been with you a long time, you have probably found ways to handle life. Share any and all knowledge you wish.
Good luck
Mike

Top Top