Login | Register

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Hello,
My name is Joy and I currently live outside of Columbus, Ohio. I was a toddler when I received my first scleral shell. My eye did not develop and my condition is called micro opthamalia (small eye).

My last eye was made in Seattle Washington and I was very happy with my doctor, however I would like to locate a Great ocularist closer to home. If adjustments are needed it would be difficult to travel back and forth to Washington. There are a couple of oclurists in Ohio but after seeing their work, I was not satisfied with the look of the eye.

I am willing to travel to New York area, I have family there.preferably with a ocularist that will schedule the appointments back to back over a few days.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Top Top

Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:12 am

The American Society of Ocularists would be a great place to start. But I'd consider asking the ocularist in WA. There are very few in that profession and the chances of him knowng someone who knows someone are almost a dead cinch.

BTW:

......................................Image`

Willis passed away on January 3, 2017.
He will be missed.

http://www.shannondale.org/community/index.php?threads%2F33408%2F

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:43 am

Thank you. I did call him, he referred me a few but he did not know their work personally nor did he know the ocularist. I was hoping that someone had actual experience and positive results.

Thanks,
Joy

Top Top

Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:23 am

Mager & Gougelmann (that's 1 firm) in Manhattan are highly regarded. We live 10 minutes from NYC but see Joe LeGrand in Philadelphia because our toddler gets treatment at Children's Hospital. Joe is great, and I understand the other Philly ocularist, last name Kelly, is great, too. Good luck!

Top Top

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:53 am

Mager and Gougelman was the first artificial eye firm in the country, they started in NYC over 150 years ago and it is still owned by descendants of the founder. They have offices in NYC, Long Island, and Ct. I am much happier with the eyes and service I've had from M&G, than the other two places I'd been to before going to them. People travel to NYC from all over the world, just to get their artificial eyes made by them.

My Prosthetic Eye Movement Videos, after getting a porous implant in 2009:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC22Coc ... IEVbETks2g

Top Top

Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:26 am

One Eyed Leprachaun

Hi Joy and welcome. Can't help with an answer I'm in Australia . Pope into Moolooh Lounge for some chit-chat. Cheers vera

Irish_in_Oz passed away on Februaruy 26, 2016.
She will be missed.
--
rukus

Top Top

Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:50 am

My ocularist out of nashville,TN travels to louisville,ky every so often.He has a Masters degree in art. Witch not many ocularist have. If you would like his contact information i can provide it here or in a private message. Good Luck, T.J.

Top Top

Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:42 am

This topic is over a year old and had been dorment for a long time. She probably got her Ocularist picked by now. Al least hoping so.

Top Top