Login | Register

Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:40 pm

Hi all, just lately my eye is killing me, not the socket but the lids etc, maybe it's the combination of winds and the fact Holly never sleeps and I'm working my ass off lately but thats my lifestyle and it's not felt this bad before.

Theres no discharge which usually indicates infection and the eye is sitting right it's just the lids are sore,swollen, itchy and doing my head in lol I've tried optrex (infection drops) but like I said it's not an infection so no good there, It just feels irritated and looks really red

Usually the lids look the same but as you can see in the photo they look much different, top lid is swollen and bottom just isn't right

p.s. photo was taken for an Id card lol so no pss taking about the cheesy pose :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any ideas

Male
in the 25-32 bracket (Just) ;)
Getting better with age

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:48 pm

Also, how the hell do I make pictures smaller, I tried resizing it on photobucket but it still came out huge on the post,

Apologies for scareing any children with the big close up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Male
Getting better with age

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:05 pm

Hmmmm all i can think of is GPC, or maybe the eye needs a clean or it's too dry?

When i get GPC it becomes red, itchy and swollen.

Sorry can't be more help....

Top Top

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:43 pm

Cheers Teka..................... whats gpc?????

Andy

Male
Getting better with age

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:59 pm

Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis (spelling surely all wrong).

If you look under your eyelid, it looks like cauliflower. Little bumps everywhere.........

Top Top

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:01 pm

My suggestion is Eye drops. My eye lid feels itchy when I get up in the morning because it is dry but as soon as I put some drops in it feels good as new.

Dilios:Hardly, my lord, it's just an eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare.
From "300"

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:52 pm

One Eyed Leprachaun

Hi Andy; GO TO eye DR! sounds awful; could it be chemicals u r using in your carpet cleaning?? that would be the only different thing you've been doing recently but go see someone; best wishes Vera

Irish_in_Oz passed away on Februaruy 26, 2016.
She will be missed.
--
rukus

Top Top

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:56 pm

Sounds like the blepharitis that I get with both eyes. I am told to use a mixture of baby shampoo and water and wipe it over the eyelid margins with a cotton bud. It works if I do it every day but as soon as I forget, it's back.

Top Top

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:43 pm

Hi Andy,
I would say go to see your doctor.... or maybe it is simply too much work and not enough sleep? It is amazing how sometimes simple things like 8 hour sleep for couple of nights can change it.
all the best.
anna

Top Top

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:28 am

I'd love to be able to give a helpful suggestion but I don't know. So I will agree with Vera and say go get it checked out.

I will also agree with Anna and suggest getting more sleep. I know how hard that can be. Henry slept through the night for the FIRST time ever last night, not sure if it was a fluke or what.

Also wondering if it could be the exposure to the carpet cleaning chemicals. Am thrilled you have so much business.

The picture is a bit small so it's hard to tell, at least you smile for your cheesy ID card pictures.

Hope you find a solution soon.

Take care,
Karen

Top Top

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:45 am

Sorry to hear mate, crap never ends and I'd call the ocularist and inquire if I were you or your eye doc. Take care.

Top Top

Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:45 pm

Sods Law, I come on here whinging one day, the next it's fine :?: (Did I mention I hate the drs lol)

Maybe it is something to do with the chemicals, any ideas how to combat this, do you think anti-hystemines would help???
Just my bloody luck to be allergic to my chemicals hahahaha

Good job I'm going 'green' in may, no chemical detergents whatsoever, going to buy a green van and target the upmarket yuppies lol.

I'll try the baby shampoo thing, anythings worth a go if it saves me £££££'s :D (optrex is nearly £5 a bottle :evil: ) I've tried drops but no good duffman.

Teka, no sign of cauliflowers, but the iced veg worked a treat :lol:

8 hours kip, lol, lucky if I get 5!!!! tend to get around 6/7 max but I've never been a big sleeper, always up early, the thing with Holly is the broken sleep!!!!! Thats the killer

Cheers all

I don't understand this picture thing, one minute I scared mesen it was that big now it teeny!!!!!!!

Male
Getting better with age

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:13 pm

Target those Yuppies with your future Green Van Andy! So glad you are busy and the work is going well. Do you wear goggles of some sort so you don't get the fumes in your eyes or wipe them with your hands?

Glad you are feeling better. I know it's probably not the exact same problem but my sister gets what we affectionately refer to as eye crud on the inside of her lids from time to time. With everything that happened with Henry this summer she was Freaked out the last time it happened. Her dr checked it out and said it was not a big deal and to use baby shampoo to clean the outside of her eyelids. She's been washing them with baby shampoo everyday and they are much improved.

Henry did sleep well last night but not all night. He will sleep all night eventually as will the beautiful little Holly Girl.

Take care,
Karen

Top Top

Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:23 pm

No goggles no, it gets a bit steamy when using heat so would need some with wipers lol

Gonna try the shampoo thing

HOLLY NEEEEEEVER SLEEPS!!!!! Jonah slept so well, in fact he was perfect at eating, sleeping walking the lot, we used to look at other parents and think 'damn we're good' then the inevetable guard down 'lets have another' ............................................... what went wrong lmao

Andy

Male
Getting better with age

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:45 pm

I'm leaning towards the chemicals that are irritating your lid. If you can't wear goggles possibly safety glasses or an eye patch to protect your lid. Sounds like you may have to test it and see it you have a reaction after doing your cleaning jobs.

Top Top

Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:28 pm

One Eyed Leprachaun

Andy I'd wear a patch and safety goggles when u r working even if you try for 2 days and see if there is an improvement;
probably because Holly was a premmie that she will be a bit later at settling in sleep; good luck; cheers Vera

Irish_in_Oz passed away on Februaruy 26, 2016.
She will be missed.
--
rukus

Top Top